Tips for collaborating
I have come across several issues with my past when collaborating with others and want to share my tips regarding that:
- Make a deadline for things involving money by paypal (example: 120 days for a pcb design)
- Make sure to pay (if using paypal) to select you're paying for services or goods and put the deadline in the notes/comment field when paying, because if someone slacks too much or doesn't deliver the said thing, you can open a dispute to get money back.
- Non money related things (like freelance programming) don't really need a tight deadline, as it can mess up teamwork, or divide people and projects.
- Make realistic goals, make a plan and execute it step by step, or assign each part to the people with the most fitting task for them.
- Don't expect to make money at all, so a good buffer for your project is recommended.
- Make sure to create a group chat with everyone (or at least one person from every divided part) in it, like a seperate discord server, makes it easier to communicate between people and get evrything lined up correctly
- One person can have so many ideas, though with multiple people, there are multiple opinions, it's a task of everyone to find the perfect balance in everyone's opinions.
Last edited: September 19, 2019, 20:11